Sunday, June 13, 2010

How quickly things change!

"Since no man knows the future, who can tell him what is to come." Eccl 8:7

Solomon's words have sounded so true in my ears today, and actually the last several days as I've pondered on and thought about all of the events in my life: old and new.

Today I celebrate 12 years of marriage with my wonderful wife Laurie. 12 years, absolutely unreal. Feels like they went by in the blink of an eye. I met Laurie at Kent State in 1992. We were married in 1998. What's happened in 10 years:
  • A little house on North Hill
  • Trips to Aruba, Vegas, Niagara Falls, Florida, Roscoe Village, York and Reading PA, and others.
  • For me, jobs at Smucker's, Sterling, Shearer's and GOJO
  • For Laurie, jobs at Mr. Coffee, Sunbeam, Camelot, Bear-Pelland, and the hardest one at home!
  • A Sentra, Protege, Focus, Taurus, Sable, Grand Caravan, and Town and Country
  • Our house in Rootstown
  • Sally in 2000
  • CJ in 2002
  • Dale in 2005
  • Luci in 2008
  • Soccer, Softball, T-Ball, Baseball, Cub Scouts, VBS, and yatta, yatta, yatta
  • Most importantly, 7 years ago after much praying and praying, and praying by Laurie, I was saved and turned my life over to Jesus Christ.
  • And now, Seminary and church

A lot has changed in the last 12 years. Laurie has been a Saint, and I sometimes have not. The Lord could not have given me a better wife, mother, or friend.

Today on our Anniversary, we also celebrated our first service as a part of LifePointe Church, where I was introduced as the new Associate Pastor. A wonderful service where we met a lot of wonderful people as we were totally surrounded by God's love and our new family in Christ.

But looking back, it is unreal what has occurred over the last 12 years. Solomon was correct, no man knows the future and know man knows what is to come. But I know this, the Lord has blessed me richly with my wife, my kids, and our ministry.

I pray my focus remains on Christ, and am open and ready to see what changes lie ahead over the next 12 years!!

No comments:

Post a Comment