Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My Family History, Part 1

I have been meaning for some time now to document some of my family's history. We have a relatively young family (My great grandpa Carlo was the first Maltempi!), and I find aspects of it just totally awesome. So with all of us together for the holidays I took a chance to write some of it down and start capturing it. I'll start this first installment with just the most basic family tree for my family. The more interesting stories will follow in later installments.

My parents are Carlo Maltempi and Salavtrice Sidoti.

My Dad's parents are Vincenzo Maltempi and Anna Celona.

The Maltempi's:
My great grandpa Carlo was the first Maltempi in the line. That story will come later. My Grandpa Vince was one of 12 children.
Parents: Carlo Maltempi and Giovanna Gullo
Children (in order):
Stefano
Gennaro
Carlo (died as an infant)
Vincenzo- Born 4/26/21
Rosario
Nunziata
Nino (died at 17)
Giuseppe
Giorgio (died at 7)
Cecilia
Francesca
Giovanni

The Celona's:
This is my Grandma Anna's family Grandma was one of 5 children.
Parents: Francesco Celona and Maria Iraci
Children (in order):
Giuseppina
Domenico
Anna- Born 10/26/23 in the USA
Salvatore (died as infant, born in the USA)
Concetta

My Mom's parents are Francesco Sidoti and Giuseppa Rao.

The Sidoti's:
My Grandpa Francesco was one of 7 children.
Parents: Carmelo Sidoti and Carmela Pino
Children (in order):
Francesco
Salvatrice (died in teens)
Maria
Tindaro
Sebastiano
Angela
Antonino

The Rao's:
This is my Grandma Giuseppina's family Grandma was one of 7 children.
Parents: Giovanni Rao and Nunziata Merlino
Children (in order):
Valentino (died in WWII)
Giuseppe
Maria
Carmelo (died in WWII)
Giuseppa
Gaetana
Tindaro

Also, my Grandma was adopted (another story that will come later) and her parents were Antonino Terranova and Rosina Merlino.

Like I said, more will follow. This is just a little background for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment