Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Christian Relationships

So I have been thinking about this for a while, and I think I am going to go ahead and start writing a series of blog entries specifically for my Redline Youth Group addressing common questions that come up a lot, like questions about relationships, other religions, sin and forgiveness, heaven, etc. This is my first post. Enjoy!! Any ideas or comments, let me know.

Question: "Can you give me some Christian relationship advice?"

Answer: I have received this question a lot, and I am a little hesitant to give a direct relationship answer. As a Pastor people come to me for advice often, for Jr and Sr High students the ultimate authority in your life should be your parents (other than God, of course). Additionally, I do not presume to speak for God in giving authoritative relationship advice to Christians.

With that said, lets see what scriptural advice I can give. First, you should speak with God about your relationship. Pray to the Lord, asking Him to clearly reveal to you what He would have you do (Philippians 4:6-7), that is the MOST IMPORTANT THING: PRAY!!! Ask God to give you wisdom and discernment (James 1:5). God promises to grant prayer requests that are asked according to His will (1 John 5:14-15). Being wise and discerning are most definitely God's will. God wants you to make good relationship decisions. God desires Christians to be joyous and edified as a result of their relationships. If you ask God with an open heart and humble spirit, He will give you the relationship advice you need.

Finally, find wise counsel with mature Christians you can trust, and your parents. Seek guidance from your Youth Pastor or Sr. Pastor, or other mature church leaders (like youth leaders). Their years of experience enable them to speak from wisdom and the knowledge of God in their lives.



No comments:

Post a Comment