Thursday, March 18, 2010

A time for everything...or nothing.

Ecclesiastes 3

Everything Has Its Time
For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: 2a time to be born, and a time to die;a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted; 3a time to kill, and a time to heal;a time to break down, and a time to build up; 4a time to weep, and a time to laugh;a time to mourn, and a time to dance; 5a time to throw away stones, and a time to gather stones together;a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; 6a time to seek, and a time to lose;a time to keep, and a time to throw away; 7a time to tear, and a time to sew;a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; 8a time to love, and a time to hate;a time for war, and a time for peace.

I am a little bummed today. I have been very busy the last couple weeks between work, the kids, and working on my sermon this week. For everything there is a season, right?

Well I have been all excited about enrolling in and starting classes at Liberty University. I just want to finish up my degree. I was supposed to start in the spring, but God put up reasons as to why I shouldn't. I was supposed to start this summer, but the classes I need are not all available and the payment options are greatly reduced over the summer. So, I am left with starting in the fall. To everything there is a season.

But as I sit and reflect on it, maybe God knows best after all. Look at it this way:
  • I am still frazzled as I learn a new job
  • I have just taken on coaching my daughter's softball team
  • I am taking on larger and larger roles at church
  • We have several vacations planned already
  • And by fall we'll be done paying for the kids school so I can easily afford this.

So as I sit and pray on it, maybe I need to realize that God is totally in control. He knows what I need. He knows what this summer will be like, and he knows that now is not the best time to restart my studies. I really don't lose any time anyway...so what's the big deal. Maybe I just needed to realize that I need to slow down, listen to that "still small voice", and know that there is a season for everything.

God is good all the time, and all the time God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment