Monday, August 30, 2010

First day of school

Well, tomorrow is the first day of school for my kids, and also for me! I am extremely excited to start back to school. I have 3 semester's left, just 5 classes to complete my Master's in Theology, woohoo! I'm really looking forward to this term's class. Term A I am taking , "New Testament Strategies for Evangelism and Discipleship". Picked up my books today and they both look like winners:
  1. "Patterns of Discipleship in the New Testament" by Richard Longenecker. This is a collection of essays by current leading theologians on the topic. Great looking stuff too. Some of the essay titles are as follow: Taking Up the Cross Daily, Becoming Like God Through Christ, They Believed in Him. I think this book is going to be awesome!
  2. "Evangelism in the Early Church" by Michael Green. This book starts with a quote from Billy Graham, "...It has given me great personal encouragement." Sounds like a great endorsement, right? This is a thoroughly deep dive in what the Evangel is. Great stuff.

Needless to say, I can't wait to get started and dig into class. In Term B, I'm taking Spiritual Development. More to follow on that as we get closer.

Here's praying for a great semester!!

No comments:

Post a Comment