Saturday, September 4, 2010

Discipleship in the Gospel of Mark

I am LOVING school so far, and in just 1 week I feel like I have already learned so much. Regarding Discipleship, looking at the Gospel of Mark, Disciples are:
  • Servants in the Kingdom who think God's thoughts (8:31-33)
  • Pursue the life of the cross (8:34-38)
  • Through the message (9:1-18) and
  • Example of Jesus (9:9-31)
  • Rejecting status (9:33-37), exclusivism (9:38-10:16), and worldly treasure 10:17-31)
So as Christians, the question we all have to answer is this: Am I a Disciple of Jesus?

2 comments:

  1. Dude, I know what you mean. I felt convicted after 1st class that the church in America has totally screwed up what it means to follow Christ. It is isn't a check the box Christianity, it's every day, every moment of my life living and following Him.

    Mike K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike, I said almost the verbatim words you wrote to my wife when I got home that night!

    ReplyDelete