Saturday, April 3, 2010

Reflections on my Good Friday trip to COSI

I spent a wonderful couple of days in Columbus with my family. Sally turned 10 on Friday, and since the kids were on break we decided to take a couple days and go to COSI. I took some time off of work and we went.

I thoroughly enjoyed the time off to rest and refresh. It was nice too to be able to share with the kids the meaning the Good Friday as we enjoyed our time together at the hotel and at COSI. A couple of random thoughts:
  • COSI is an absolutely marvelous Science Center. Probably the best I have ever seen. We were there nearly the entire time they were open and only saw about half of the attractions.
  • The Titanic exhibit is one of the best done and touching exhibits I have ever seen. What a feeling to see parts of the ship, items off of the ship, the actual clothes some of the victims and survivors were wearing. Touching, really.
  • Why is it that every time we take the kids somewhere there is always and older woman (50ish), wearing a fanny pack and lots of silver and turquoise jewelery that is really uptight and cranky standing right near us? I mean really...I see this EVERYWHERE we go. What gives?
  • The 7 story movie was unreal. We saw a 3D movie on Whales and Dolphins. Excellent. The kids were reaching out to touch the animals it was so good. Which leads to my last point.
  • Why do environmental activists have to ruin everything? Throughout the whole movie I heard the voice of Darryl Hannah talking about how man has destroyed and and is wiping out all of the creatures in the sea. It ends with this, and I quote, "We can stop vandalizing and plundering the oceans, it's not too late." Really? This is the message my kids need to get that man is destroying the oceans. Come on, there is a time and a place for everything, and this is not it (in my opinion). Plus, does Darryl Hannah's roles on "Roxanne" and "Splash" qualify her to lecture me about the oceans?

Overall, and absolutely awesome day. I got our family the yearly membership, so we will be going back soon. For those who want to see it, God has blessed us with a tremendous world and a beautiful creation to be in charge of. To that end, it is wonderful to see what man has been able to do (good and bad) with the facilities that the Lord has provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment